- QUESTION TAG
- You are the new secretary, ….?
- George can swim well, …..?
- I am going to go to the cinema with you, …..?
- Susie has phoned you, hasn’t she?
- They invited you to their party, …..?
- She read the novel, …..?
- She reads the novel, …..?
- Somebody knocked at the door, …..?
- You think I will be fired, don’t you?
- I believe you will pass the exam, …..?
- There isn’t any news, ….?
- My parents won’t go to Bali with you, …..?
- Nobody wants to go with you, …..?
- Everybody does not bring their homework, …..?
- You never come to her dormitory, …..?
- PASSIVE VOICE
1. The teacher told the students that they needed to revise their essays.
The passive of the underlined clause is:
a. Their essays were needed to revise.
b. their essays were need to be revising.
c. Their essays were needed to be revised.
d. Their essays needed to be revised.
e. Their essays were needed to revising.
2. Tono wasn’t offered the job.
We can also say:
a. Tono didn’t offer the job.
b. They don’t offer the job to Tono.
c. Tono was offering the job.
d. They were offering Tono the job.
e. The job wasn’t offered to Tono.
3. “Which paintings will be exhibited tomorrow?”
“We don’t know yet. They …………………. by a team.”
a. are still being selected
b. are still selecting
c. still be selected
d. still selected
e. still selecting
4. The street ……………………. when we passed yesterday.
a. has repaired
b. is being repaired
c. was being repaired
d. is repaired
e. has been repaired
5. “When …………………?”
“Before World War I”
a. this hospital to be built
b. was this hospital being built
c. this hospital built
d. was this hospital built
e. this hospital has been built
6. Find the passive form of “They will look after you well”.
a. You will be looked after well.
b. They will be looked after you well.
c. You will be well looked after.
d. You are well will be looked after.
e. You will be to be looked after by them well.
7. A well-known architect is designing our new office.
The passive form is:
c. be designing
d. is designing
e. is being designed
8. What is the active form of “English is spoken in the United States” ?
a. People in the US speak English.
b. In the US speak English.
c. Everybody speak English in the US.
d. Everybody spoke English in the US.
e. People in US speaks English.
9. After the house ……………………. white, it looked beautiful.
a. had been painted
b. to be painting
c. had been painting
d. be painted
e. had painted
10. “What do people need for irrigation?”
The passive construction of the sentence is:
a. What is needed for irrigation?
b. What is irrigation needed for?
c. What people are needed for irrigation?
d. what is for irrigation needed?
e. What irrigation is needed?
11. Although the stolen car ……………………. the police cannot trace the thieves.
a. is being found
b. has found
c. has been found
d. having been found
e. had found
12. The child told us he had been left alone by his step mother in the empty building.
From the sentence above we know that:
a. The child had left his step mother alone in the empty building.
b. The child went to the empty building with his step mother, then she went away.
c. The child wanted to leave his step mother in the empty building.
d. The child had left his step mother before he went to the empty building.
e. The child wanted us to leave him alone with his step mother in the empty building.
13. My motorcycle is not running well now. The tires are flat and the chain ……………
a. needs to be fixing
b. is fixing
c. needs to be fixed
d. has fixed
e. needs to fix
14. The teacher would like the exercises …………………….. by everybody before tomorrow.
b. to be finished
d. have finished
e. already finished
15. “The boys have been told the good news” means:
a. The good news was told to the boys.
b. Somebody has told the boys the good news.
c. The good news has been told by the boys.
d. The boys have told the good news.
e. The good news about the boys has been told.
16. Nobody can do such a thing.
The passive construction of the sentence is:
a. Such a thing can done be by anybody.
b. A thing can be done by anybody.
c. A such thing can be done by somebody
d. Such a thing can be done by somebody.
e. Such a thing can’t be done by anybody.
17. The students ………………….. before they were allowed to join the class.
b. has punished
c. had been punished
d. were punished
e. are punished
18. The hotel ……………………. when I passed.
a. was built
b. has been built
c. had been built
e. was building
19. It was reported that medicine and rice ………………………. to the victims of the flood.
a. have been distributed
b. will be distributed
c. are being distributed
d. had been distributed
e. be distributed
20. The picture is not here anymore. It must have …………………….
a. been taken away
b. been taking away
c. took away
d. taken away
e. being taken away
- PAST TENSE
- Tomorrow he ….. go to campuss by car
a. Will c. is
b. Would d. are
- All students of gunadarma university semester 6, …. Writing scientific research
A. Is c. was
b. Are d. have
- 2 days ago I ….. scientific research
a. Were borrowed c. was borrowed
b. Were borrow d. will borrow
- He wouldn’t …… hiss notebook, because his bag … full
a. Borrow, was c. borrow, is
b. Was, bring d. borrow, were
- The students are … …. By the professor
a. Being, teach c. was, teach
b. Being tought d. was, tought
- He has …. The room
a. Clean c. cleaned
b. Clear d. cleans
- The secretary …. The mail every morning
a. Open c. opened
b. Opens d. close
- A test has been … by HRD
a. Give c. given
b. Gave d. gived
- The truck is being ……. By three man now
a. Loading c. loaded
b. Load d. lot
- Someone ….. service my computer next week
a. Would c. is
b. Will d. are
- Mr. postman …… the mail 2 days ago
a. Deliver c. delivers
b. Delivery d. delivered
- …. famous artis paint Rossa picture?
a. Are c. were
b. Will d. was
- You…. Him in that lobby yesterday
a. see c. saw
b. soon d. came
- why you …. Late Dani?
a. Come .c. out
b. Came d. into
- My parents are ….. business trip now
a. Have c. having
b. Had d. has